Advertise your concert, publication, teaching studio, or other service with the Boston Chapter of the AGO.
Social Media and Advertising Policy
The Boston Chapter of the American Guild of Organists (BAGO) provides advertising using the following mediums:
- Pipings, the Chapter’s monthly newsletter (delivered via email or in print)
- BAGO social media pages
- bostonago.org, the Chapter website
- Email blasts to Chapter membership
BAGO also operates an events calendar, accessible at bostonago.org/calendar, to which anyone may add their own event at no charge.
BAGO members may request advertising on behalf of an institution.
Opportunities for promotion through BAGO social media are limited, and awarded impartially at the Social Media Chair’s discretion.
Upcoming events may be advertised at one or more of the following levels:
- Free tier (open to BAGO members): includes BAGO social media
- Paid tier (open to anyone): includes the items in the Free tier, plus Pipings and the BAGO website. The deadline for submission for the Paid tier is the 15th of each month
- Email blast (open to anyone): separate from the Free and Paid tiers, with a separate fee
Upcoming events hosted by regional chapters may be included at no charge on BAGO social media and in Pipings upon request from that chapter.
The Social Media Chair may post items in Pipings and on BAGO social media at no charge.
Photos and information about past events may be submitted to the Social Media Chair for inclusion on BAGO social media and/or Pipings at the Social Media Chair’s discretion.
- Paid tier: $50. This includes placement for two months on BAGO social media and the BAGO website.
- Email blast: $150. This is a one-time email sent exclusively for your event.
- Send advertising copy and images to our Advertising Manager at email@example.com. Include any other pertinent information, such as the tier you would like to use (Free tier, Paid tier, or Email blast) and the months you would like to have the advertisement run. Any graphics must be sent in .png format. Your ad can be linked to a website or email address, provided by you, at no extra cost.
- You will receive an emailed invoice for payment. Please make a check payable to “Boston Chapter AGO” and note in the memo line the event to be advertised. The check may be sent to our Treasurer at the following address: Boston Chapter AGO, 40 Newbern Street Unit B, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130.
- The ad will be placed once payment is received. Pipings is published from September through May on the first Thursday of the month. The deadline for submission for the Paid tier is the 15th of the month.
General Information BAGO accepts advertising consistent with the mission of the American Guild of Organists: The mission of the American Guild of Organists is to foster a thriving community of musicians who share their knowledge and inspire passion for the organ. BAGO is not responsible for the design of ads or for errors therein. The advertiser assumes responsibility for all content (including text and illustrations) of advertisements printed and for any claims made against BAGO, and agrees to indemnify BAGO against any expense and loss suffered by reason of such claims. BAGO does not accept advertising designed for the purpose of charitable fundraising for another organization. All ads are subject to the approval of the BAGO Executive Committee. BAGO reserves the right to decline any advertisement, before or after the published closing date, that does not meet with Executive Committee approval. Acceptance of advertising does not imply endorsement. Improper or exaggerated copy will not be accepted. BAGO reserves the right to limit Email blasts to one per week, so as not to overwhelm our members’ inboxes.